position to be filled
Logistics and Export Coordinator
Type of employment
Type of employment
WHAT DO WE NEED?
- A person with a good understanding of international logistics, including shipping management, tracking
tracking, customs regulations and Incoterms.
- A person with practical experience in coordinating international transportation, including working with
with transportation service providers, negotiating rates, planning routes and resolving logistical
planning and logistics problem-solving.
- A person with a comprehensive understanding of the supply chain and its impact on
- Someone eager to use their skills while contributing to the growth of SBB.
WHO ARE YOU?
- You have a DEC in administration, operations management or equivalent training.
- You have a background in international transportation logistics.
- You have three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a similar position.
- You have experience in international trade and the field of international tenders.
- You have a good knowledge of international freight in general (inputs and especially outputs), incoterms and ocean freight in particular.
- You are fluent in French and English (required) and have a good command of Spanish or another foreign language (asset).
- You are proficient in the Office suite.
- You have excellent communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- You manage your priorities well, are organized and always meet deadlines.
- You have excellent analytical and judgmental skills.
- You want to be respected, to have latitude in the execution of your tasks and to collaborate with sincere and with sincere and open-minded people.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Under the supervision of the Director - Supply Chain and Logistics :
- Negotiate agreements with service providers (forwarders, carriers).
- Negotiate the purchase or rental of additional equipment required for transportation while respecting the budgets.
- Coordinate and follow up on all stages of transportation of the product to be delivered to the customer.
- Produce all documents concerning customs requirements (NAFTA, certificate of origin, etc.).
- Keep up to date on new standards of international compliance and certification.
- Inspect goods as required.
- Track products in transit using available traceability methods.
- Prepare KPI metrics.
- Continuously monitor strategic issues (new suppliers, trends, the global geopolitical situation, etc.)
- Apply for letters of guarantee from the relevant financial institution.
- Coordinate requests for export credit coverage (EDC insurance).
- Process the various documentary letters of credit and negotiate with the banks.
- Work alongside the project managers for the smooth running of each contract.
Produce training certificates for our clients, following the training the engineers gave at the end of the contract.
- Respect and propose improvements to current standards (ISO, etc.).
- Participate in the preparation of administrative documents required for a call for tenders.
- Participate in several internal working groups or committees.
- Going to the gym, eating on the terrace, participating in several group activities, pushing us out of our comfort zone. In short, working while having fun!
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION?
This is a permanent, full-time position with competitive salary and benefits.
The workplace is located in our superb premises at 10, Émilien-Marcoux Street in Blainville